Keep me logged in
Find a Grantwriter
Your search will return
Trade Support Scheme
This program aims to provide financial help to Northern Territory (NT) businesses to offset the costs of international marketing activities.
The scheme may provide:
- Airfares (up to 50% of the cost of a return economy class airfare out of the Northern Territory)
- Marketing and promotion (up to 50% of costs to a maximum of $10,000)
- Website design (up to 50% of costs to a maximum of $5,000)
- Freight (up to 50% of costs to a maximum of $2,000)
- International Trade exhibitions and conferences (up to 50% of costs to a maximum of $6,000)
- International accommodation (up to 50% of costs to a maximum of $200 per person per day)
- On-the-ground expenses (fixed payment of $150 per day per person)
- Training (up to 50% of costs related to export marketing to a maximum of $1,000)
- Inbound buyers (if the company brings in a prospective international client or business partner, they may claim from the funding categories listed above)
- Australian Tourism Exchange (up to a maximum of of $3,000)
Financial assistance under the program is offered as a taxable cash reimbursement on approved marketing expenditure. Applications are required to be lodged at least 14 days prior to the intended activity.
As announced in the 2013-14 Budget, $500,000 will be available to assist businesses to develop export opportunities.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include businesses, industry groups and other organisations with a substantial presence in the NT, and must show the:
- Proposed project is likely to be successful.
- Trade and economic benefits the project will bring to the NT.
- Have made less than eight successful applications for the Australian government''s
Export Market Development Grant
Eligible activities include:
- Attendance at international trade exhibitions and conferences.
- Transporting trade show materials or product samples.
- Updating website with information on products for export or writing a web page in another language.
- Bringing clients to the NT to assess goods, services or facilities.
Scheme Trip Report
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
Total Funding Pool
General - Non-Industry Specific
Start-up / Establishment
Transport and Distribution
Department of Business
Department of Business
08 8946 9550
Small Business Grants
How grants work
Information Technology Grants