Certain Inputs to Manufacture (CIM) Program
This program aims to improve the competitiveness of Australian industry by providing import duty concessions on certain imported raw materials and intermediate goods such as chemical, plastics or paper goods. In addition, CIM covers metal materials and goods which are used for the packaging of food.
The scheme provides duty-free imports of certain inputs that have a substantial and demonstrable performance advantage in producing a specific end product over substitutable goods produced in Australia.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include importers and manufacturer companies. Applications can be made by, or on behalf of, an end user of the particular material or goods.
Please contact the program administrator for more information.
Eligible goods include:
- Item 46: Raw materials and intermediate goods classified under heading 5903 or within Chapter 28, 29, 32, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39 or 48 of Schedule 3 of the Customs Tariff, broadly chemicals, plastics and paper goods.
- Item 47: Metal materials and goods, classified within Chapters 72 to 82 of Schedule 3 of the Customs Tariff, used in the packaging of food.
Please review the Guidelines for the complete list of eligible goods.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Greater production efficiency, including reduced processing time, fewer production steps, lower capital costs, lower operating costs, improved yield, reduced energy usage.
- Superior physical or chemical properties, including improved strength, durability or flexibility.
- Compliance with Australian or international standards.
- Any other pertinent characteristics that demonstrate a significant commercial advantage (other than relative cost) compared to suitable Australian-made materials.
|Guidelines - Items 46 and 47||June 2016||Download
|Fact Sheet||June 2016||Download
|Application Form||June 2016||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Environment and Sustainability
Infrastructure / Equipment
Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (DIIS)