Adelaide City Council – Business Start-up Grant
This program aims to encourage new small, innovative and diverse businesses to take up underutilised and vacant buildings in the city.
The program objectives include:
- New business that will add to the diversity of the street.
- Enhance the appeal of the street.
- Increase the footfall and patronage to the street.
- Assist the street to feel safer and more welcoming.
Grants of up to $30,000 are available to cover up to 50% of the cost to improve the building and start the business.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include new businesses and commercial property owners looking to start a new business.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Properties owned or managed by Adelaide City Council or a State or Federal government agency.
- Residential property owners.
Eligible ideas include those that re-use empty or underutilised buildings for either:
- Ground floor activation
- Basement activation
- Upper storey activation
Eligible expenditures include:
- Costs associated with addressing the building code related requirements
- Improving accessibility for all users
- Internal fit-out
Please review the Guidelines for the complete information on eligible/ineligible activities/projects/expenditures.
|Guidelines and Application Form||November 2016||Download
|Start-up Grants Business Plan||November 2016||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
19 October 2015
2 November 2015
11 December 2015
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Infrastructure / Equipment
Start-up / Establishment
Adelaide City Council