Advancing Renewables Programme – Large-scale Solar Photovoltaics
This programme aims to support further cost reduction in large-scale solar photovoltaics (PV). It is part of the Advancing Renewables Programme.
The key objectives of the program are to:
- Further reduce the cost of large-scale solar PV and provide a clear path for the technology to become competitive with other commercially viable forms of power generation in Australia (including wind power).
- Provide transparency and price discovery in relation to current and projected costs of large-scale solar PV through the sharing of forecast and actual costs of both successful and unsuccessful projects on an anonymous basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver a large-scale solar PV project at a cost below the competitive round levelised cost of electricity (LCOE) benchmark of $135/MWh.
Grants between $100,000 and $50 million are available.
The total funding pool is $100 million.
The 2015-16 key dates are:
- Expression of interest registration cut-off date: 13 October 2015, 5pm
- Expression of interest due date: 2 November 2015, 5pm
- Full application invitation: 16 December 2015
- Full application due date: 15 June 2016, 5pm
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants must:
- Be incorporated under the Corporations Act (Cth).
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) at the time of applying.
Unincorporated entities such as universities and not-for-profits can also partner with an incorporated entity to help deliver a pilot, demonstration or pre-commercial deployment activity, where this activity is led by the incorporated entity.
Please review the Guidelines for the eligibility requirements.
Eligible projects must fit within the following parameters:
- Generate all their electricity from solar PV.
- Meet or exceed the minimum project size of 5 MW (AC).
- Be connected to the NEM or SWIS.
- Not involve behind the meter elements.
- Total grant funding requested must not exceed $30 million.
Each project location (defined as a specific parcel or multiple parcels of land) can only support a single proposal. For example, ARENA will not accept separate proposals for two projects of different size or configuration in the same location but would accept a proposal that includes a cluster of smaller solar PV facilities with a single or even multiple points of grid connection.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Contribution to the programme outcomes
- Applicant capability and capacity
- Activity design, methodology, risk and compliance
- Financial viability and co-funding commitment
- Knowledge sharing
Please review the Programme Guidelines for the complete information of these criteria.
|Funding Announcement||May 2016||Download
|Funding Agreement Template – Explanatory Memorandum||May 2016||Download
|Funding Agreement Template||May 2016||Download
|LCOE Calculator||May 2016||Download
|FAQs - Full Application||May 2016||Download
|Large Scale Solar Pro-forma Bid Bonds||May 2016||Download
|Large-scale solar knowledge sharing - How project data is collected and shared||May 2016||Download
|Data Specification||May 2016||Download
|Compliance Table Template||May 2016||Download
|Media Release||May 2016||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
2 November 2015
Please see Overview for the closing details.
|Total Funding Pool
Energy and Renewables
Environment and Sustainability
Innovation and R&D
Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)