Adelaide City Council – Shopfront Improvement Grants
This program is designed to encourage city businesses to get creative and enhance their street appeal.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Enhance the presentation of a building or business.
- Contribute to amenity and a more interesting and exciting street experience.
- Make a creative or unique contribution to the streetscape.
Grants between $1,000 and $6,000 are available to cover up to 50% of the cost of visual improvements to shopfronts.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include businesses and commercial property owners located in the areas highlighted on the map. Please refer to Guidelines for the pilot map.
Considerations may also be given to applicants that fall outside of these areas, subject to funding availability and the quality and creativity of the proposed works.
Proposals involving collaboration with nearby businesses are also encouraged to apply.
Properties owned or managed by Adelaide City Council or a State or Federal government agency are not eligible to apply.
Eligible activities must be long-term, street-level improvements to the shopfront which may include:
- Repainting of external shop frontage.
- Improvements to advertising signage if part of a broader shopfront enhancement project.
- Adding external materials and treatments that provide attractive detail, such as texture or tiling.
- Improving accessibility for all users.
- Adding greening elements such as plant vines, green walls or window boxes.
- Improvements to frontages to interact with the street, such as the addition of folding windows.
- Removal of security shutters and replacement with glass or security glazing.
- Improvements to under awnings.
- Removal of fixed outdoor dining furniture (including planter boxes) and replacement with non-fixed furniture.
- Internal and external display lighting.
Please review the Guidelines for the list of ineligible activities.
|Guidelines and Application Form||May 2016||Download
|Examples of Completed Projects||May 2016||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
11 May 2015
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Infrastructure / Equipment
Adelaide City Council