Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund – Regional Jobs Fund (RJF)
This program seeks to facilitate job creation and retain existing jobs. It will attract and facilitate investment with a focus on regional competitive advantage or high-growth potential businesses, and it will assist to diversify the regional employment base.
The Fund aims to improve regional capacity, innovation and capitalise on the potential of emerging industry sectors, particularly the government’s priority areas and new export markets. It is part of the $500 million Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund which will invest in growing jobs, building infrastructure and strengthening communities in regional Victoria.
The program will provide support for strategic projects and infrastructure through the following four public grant program streams:
- Investment attraction: Aims to attract and facilitate investment and growth in new and existing businesses in regional Victoria.
- Innovation and productivity: Aims to improve the productivity and competitiveness of regional industries to ensure the long-term sustainability of businesses and jobs.
- Employment precincts: Aims to boost the capacity of new and existing regionally significant employment precincts such as CBDs, health, education, innovation, industrial and special purpose precincts;
- Market access: Aims to grow regional export potential and access to new markets for business and industry groups. This stream includes the Food Source Victoria initiative.
There are no set minimum and maximum funding limits. Applicants are expected to make a financial contribution or source third-party funding.
A total funding pool of $200 million is available.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include:
- Private sector businesses and agencies
- Business and industry groups including:
a) Chambers of commerce and business associations
b) Industry peak bodies
c) Business and industry clusters and networks
- Local government authorities
- Government agencies
- Not-for-profit organisations and community groups that:
a) Are an incorporated body, cooperative or association.
b) Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Tax Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment.
- Higher education and private training institutions
- Regional organisations (e.g. regional strategic planning alliances)
Eligible activities include:
- Investment Attraction: Those that deliver an identified business growth opportunity (this includes footloose investment attraction, investment in facilities expansion and strategic industry investment planning).
- Innovation and Productivity: Those linked to business innovation or commercialisation of technology
- Market Access: Investments, projects and activities that provide more comprehensive engagement with new markets, domestically and abroad.
- Employment Precincts: Those that support the development or enhancement of land and facilities that generate greater job density and more productive industry clustering.
Please review the Guidelines for complete information on eligible activities/projects.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Direct economic development benefits
- Additional economic development benefits
- Social and environmental benefits
- Alignment with State and regional priorities and demonstrated project need
- Demonstrated project feasibility and delivery
- Financial viability
- Maximising value to the State
|Information Sheet - Investment Attraction||May 2016||Download
|Information Sheet - Innovation and Productivity||May 2016||Download
|Information Sheet - Employment Precincts||May 2016||Download
|Information Sheet - Market Access||May 2016||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
17 June 2015
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Infrastructure / Equipment
Innovation and R&D
Training / Employment
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR)
Regional Development Victoria (RDV)