Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund – Regional Infrastructure Fund (RIF)
This program aims to harness key regional strengths to improve the productivity and liveability of regional Victoria. It will invest in major infrastructure projects that create or enhance the conditions for economic growth, and build diversified and sustainable regional economies that are resilient to change.
It is part of the $500 million Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund which will invest in growing jobs, building infrastructure and strengthening communities in regional Victoria.
There are four program streams available:
- Visitor economy: Aims to harness the economic strength of regional Victoria’s visitor economy.
- Productive and liveable cities and centres: Aims to stimulate new investment opportunities and jobs growth.
- Enabling infrastructure: Supports regional industries to innovate, build resilience and improve adaptability to changing economic and environmental conditions.
- Rural development: Assists rural Victorian businesses and communities to create opportunities for economic growth.
Generally, there are no grant caps or matching funding requirements except for the Rural Development stream which has matching funding thresholds of:
- 3:1 for infrastructure grants of up to $300,000
- 2:1 for infrastructure grants of over $300,000 and under $500,000
- 2:1 for project and strategic planning grants of up to $50,000
A total funding pool of $250 million is available.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include:
- Private sector businesses and agencies
- Business and industry groups including:
a) Chambers of commerce and business associations
b) Industry peak bodies
c) Business and industry clusters
- Local government authorities
- Government departments and agencies
- Not-for-profit organisations and community groups that:
a) Are an incorporated body, cooperative.
b) Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Tax Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment.
- Higher and other education institutions
Please refer to individual program streams for the specific eligible activities.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Economic benefits
- Social and environmental benefits
- Alignment with State and regional priorities and demonstrated project need
- Demonstrated project feasibility and delivery
- Financial viability
- Maximising value to the State
- Program stream criteria
|Information Sheet - Visitor Economy||October 2016||Download
|Information Sheet - Productive and Liveable Cities and Centres||October 2016||Download
|Information Sheet - Enabling Infrastructure||October 2016||Download
|Application Guidelines - Rural Development||October 2016||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
17 June 2015
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
Building, Construction and Engineering
Energy and Renewables
Finance and Business Services
Food and Beverage
Healthcare, Medical, Biotechnology and Nanotechnology
Environment and Sustainability
Infrastructure / Equipment
Start-up / Establishment
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR)
Regional Development Victoria (RDV)