Jobs Action Plan Rebate Scheme – Fresh Start Support
This rebate is eligible to employers who employ a new person who has been made redundant by an employer who is a designated employer within the period of 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2015.
A business is determined to be a designated employer by the Minister of Finance and Services.
On 5 March 2015, the Minister designated the following as designated employers:
- Simplot Australia Pty Ltd
- The Health Snack People Pty Ltd – (Kellogg''s)
- Downer EDI Rail Pty Ltd
- Electrolux Pty Ltd (in relation to persons employed to provide services to Electrolux Pty Ltd at the Orange factory)
A one-off payment of $1,000 can be claimed at the first anniversary of an eligible employee’s employment start date.
Who Can Apply
Eligible employers must provide documentation in relation to the employee’s redundancy, including:
- Name of designated employer
- Redundant employee
- Proof of redundancy
Eligible employment must meet the following conditions:
- The employee is placed in a position that is eligible for the Jobs Action Plan rebate.
- The employee has been made redundant from a designated employer between 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2015.
- The employee remains with the new employer for a minimum of 12 months.
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Training / Employment
Department of Finance and Services (DFS)
Office of State Revenue (OSR)