Jobs Action Plan Rebate Scheme – Fresh Start Support
This rebate is eligible to employers who employ a new person who has been made redundant by an employer who is a designated employer within the period of 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2015.
A business is determined to be a designated employer by the Minister of Finance and Services.
On 5 March 2015, the Minister designated the following as designated employers:
- Simplot Australia Pty Ltd
- The Health Snack People Pty Ltd – (Kellogg's)
- Downer EDI Rail Pty Ltd
- Electrolux Pty Ltd (in relation to persons employed to provide services to Electrolux Pty Ltd at the Orange factory)
In respect to the designated employer, Electrolux Pty Ltd (Orange factory), the rebate is eligible on employees made redundant by that employer within the period 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2017.
A one-off payment of $1,000 can be claimed at the first anniversary of an eligible employee’s employment start date.
Who Can Apply
Eligible employers must provide documentation in relation to the employee’s redundancy, including:
- Name of designated employer
- Redundant employee
- Proof of redundancy
Eligible employment must meet the following conditions:
- The employee is placed in a position that is eligible for the Jobs Action Plan rebate.
- The employee has been made redundant from a designated employer between 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2015.
- Specifically for the designated employer, Electrolux Pty Ltd (Orange factory), the employee was made redundant from that employer between 1 January 2014 and 30 June 2017.
- The employee remains with the new employer for a minimum of 12 months.
|Web Overview||January 2017||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Training / Employment
Department of Finance and Services (DFS)
Office of State Revenue (OSR)