Agribusiness Growth Program
This program aims to accelerate business growth, employment and export development in the State’s agribusiness value adding and food and beverage industries, by providing expert consultant business evaluation and business coaching services designed to enhance small businesses’ ability to plan and manage their growth. It seeks to assist small value adding agribusinesses and food and beverage producers achieve their growth plans by supporting independent consultant assessment of their business competitiveness, growth capabilities, and development of business improvement recommendations.
There are two consultant services that will be funded:
- Business evaluation: Will be provided at full cost by the program.
- Business coaching: Funding available is up to $10,000 per business with the business contributing a minimum of 25% of the total cost of services up front.
Selection for entry to the program will be awarded on a first in first served basis.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a financially viable and solvent South Australian registered agricultural value adding, or food or beverage business.
- Have been in operation for two years or more and incorporated in Australia with non-tax exempt status.
- Have products and markets with the potential to expand.
- Have post farm-gate value-adding activity including turning milk into yoghurt, bagging lettuces etc.
- Be willing to provide information and data, including financial information to enable sound business evaluation.
- Have an annual turnover between $0.3 and $1.5 million.
- Have some level of existing planning for growth which would benefit from independent review.
Please review the Guidelines for the consultant coach eligibility criteria.
Eligible small businesses will receive the following services:
- A comprehensive evaluation of their current business position and growth plans.
- An evaluation review report which lays out business improvement and growth actions.
- Action plans that can specify business management skill areas that would benefit from expert coaching.
- Business management skill coaching.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Quality of business growth potential material provided.
- Projected long term jobs and export growth potential.
- Extent of market and product development understanding shown.
- Level of business planning and management competence shown.
|Application Form||June 2017||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
3 April 2015
17 April 2015
This program is open on an ongoing basis until all funds are committed.
Food and Beverage
Start-up / Establishment
Training / Employment
Department of Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA)
Food South Australia