Innovation Vouchers Program (IVP)
This program aims to improve the capability and commercialise the ideas/innovations through accessing and establishing collaborative relationships with research providers and/or specialist commercialisation support services or undertaking internal innovative projects.
The objectives of the program are to support innovation initiatives that will:
- Decrease the commercialisation gap.
- Activate industry-government-research collaborations.
- Increase research and development (R&D) investment into Western Australia.
Funding of up to $20,000 is available per application over 12 months.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and/or Australian Company Number (ACN) with the business registered in Western Australia.
- Be developing their innovation in Western Australia.
- Be a solvent Western Australian based SME that employs less than 200 people (including sole traders, private sector firms, partnerships and non-profit entities).
- Have evidence of a net cash co-investment of matched funds at a rate no less than 20:80 of applicant to State government funding. All co-investment items may be subject to an independent audit. Note: State government department resources cannot be leveraged against the program unless prior written agreement form the Minister for Innovation is obtained.
- Not have received, nor is likely to receive, other State government funding for the same project/initiative.
Eligible expenditures must fall into one of the following categories:
- Research and development
- Product development
- Technology transfer and intellectual property
- Commercialisation support services
- Proof of market
Please review the Guidelines for the complete information on eligible expenditures.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Level of impact/change
- Capabilities and capacity
- Competitive advantage
- Financial viability
Please review the Guidelines for the complete information of the assessment criteria.
|Application Form||March 2017||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
13 January 2017
27 January 2017
31 March 2017
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Innovation and R&D
Department of Commerce
Department of Commerce