WA Innovation Development Scheme – Innovation Vouchers Program (IVP)
This program aims to provide financial assistance to eligible small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) to access professional skills, services or knowledge to enable them to advance their innovation or commercialisation activity in Western Australia. It seeks to assist SMEs to overcome some of the barriers that exist on the path to commercialisation.
Grants of up to $20,000 are available per voucher. Recipients will need to provide a net cash co-investment of matched funds at a rate no less than 20:80 of applicant to State government funding.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a registered business in Western Australia.
- Be developing their innovation in Western Australia.
- Be a Western Australian based SME that employs less than 200 people (includes sole-traders, private sector firms, partnerships and non-profit entities).
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and/or Australian Company Number (ACN).
- Have evidence of a net cash co-investment of matched funds at a rate of no less than 20:80 of applicant to State government funding. All co-investment items may be subject to an independent audit.
- Provide a written quotation from one service provider to be engaged (if successful).
- Provide a declaration from the service provider that they (the service provider) are an independent third party. Service providers must be an independent third party. The Innovation Centre of Western Australia is not eligible to be a service provider under this program.
- Not have received, nor is likely to receive, other Department of Commerce funding for the same project/initiative.
Eligible expenditure includes:
- Research and development (eg technical development, compliance testing, proof of concept, product testing, validation, laboratory verification and certification)
- Product development (eg engineering design work, prototyping, innovation design)
- Technology transfer and intellectual property (eg protection of intellectual property, legal advice and licensing)
- Commercialisation support services (eg innovation management and consulting, commercialisation strategies and commercialisation feasibility studies)
Please review the Guidelines for the list of ineligible activities.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include:
- Level of impact/change
- Capabilities and capacity
- Competitive advantage
- Financial viability
Please review program website for the complete information of the assessment criteria.
|Web Overview||March 2016||Download
|Applicant Information||March 2016||Download
|Application Form||March 2016||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
27 July 2015
10 August 2015
7 September 2015
This program is available annually. The next funding round is yet to be announced.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Innovation and R&D
Department of Commerce
Department of Commerce