Growth Fund – Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Programme
This programme aims to support the Australian government's commitment to promoting Australia's competitiveness and productivity, including facilitating a strong manufacturing industry which exploits domestic competitiveness advantages. It is part of the $155 million Growth Fund established by the Commonwealth government of Australia and the support is aimed at manufacturers in Victoria and South Australia.
The programme seeks to support the Australian government's goals by funding capital projects that aim to:
- Accelerate private sector investment in areas of high value manufacturing, in Victoria and South Australia.
- Assist firms to build scale and capability and be competitive in new or growing markets.
Grants between $500,000 and $2.5 million up to one third of eligible project cost for up to a three-year period is available on a 1:2 matched funding basis.
The Australian government is providing and additional $29.1 million that will operate over five years, starting 2015-16 to 2019-20.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants must:
- Be an entity incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act2001 (Ch) that is non-income tax exempt and where its trading activities:
a) Form a sufficient significant proportion of its overall activities to merit it being described as a trading corporation.
b) Are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Not be named by the Affirmative Action Agency as an organisation that has not compiled with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Ch).
Please review the Guidelines for the list of ineligible applicants.
Eligible activities include:
- Acquisition, installation, construction and commissioning of new machinery and equipment.
- Fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to existing premises related to the new machinery or equipment acquired through the project.
- Training directly related to use and maintenance of any new equipment or machinery to be acquired through the project.
Projects may include activities at multiple sites, provided the sites are in the same State and the activities are part of the same project.
Please review the Guidelines for the list of ineligible activities and eligible expenditures.
Main Assessment Criteria
The main assessment criteria include the:
- Level of net economic benefit to be generated by the project. (40%)
- Extent to which the project represents a new or expanded high value activity by the applicant. (40%)
- Value for money offered by grant support for the project. (20%)
Please review the Guidelines for complete information of these criteria.
|Customer Information Guide||May 2017||Download
|Fact Sheet||May 2017||Download
|Guide To Managing the Grant||May 2017||Download
|Eligible Expenditure Guidelines||May 2017||Download
|Sample Funding Agreement||May 2017||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
29 December 2015
29 January 2016
18 April 2016
The next funding round is yet to be announced.
General - Non-Industry Specific
Automotive and Marine
Infrastructure / Equipment
Training / Employment
Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (DIIS)