Keep me logged in
Find a Grantwriter
Your search will return
This program aims to support small businesses to startup, create jobs through growth, help established small to medium enterprises (SMEs) become sustainable and increase business confidence across NSW.
The program is funded by the NSW government and will provide business advisory services and business skills training from 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2020.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide general and specialist business advice and government information to startups and SMEs.
- Promote business growth through innovation, improving resilience and boosting productivity.
- Support digital readiness and regional business development.
The first two hours of one-to-one business advice is free. There are no fees for selected disrupted industries (this includes the taxi and hire car industry, businesses affected by Sydney Light Rail services).
The client contribution fees include:
- One-to-one business advice
a) Regional areas: $25 per hour or $125 for six hours
b) Metro Sydney or Specialist Advisors: $49 per hour or $249 for six hours
- Workshops, seminar and events
a) Regional areas: $25 per event
b) Metro Sydney or Specialist Advisors: $49 per event
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include small-to-medium businesses.
Applicants must be a resident of New South Wales and/or have their business premises located in New South Wales.
Eligible types of supports include:
- Supporting business creation through advice and information that assists start-ups to establish a new business and support new businesses to enhance their survival and long term viability.
- Supporting established small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by providing services that underpin profitability, business expansion and long term business growth, enhance their survival and long term viability, and support the orderly succession of ownership of existing businesses.
- Delivering Business Skills Workshops or Seminars (including Webinars or online group support) to startups and SMEs, when this is considered to be the most effective way of providing skills development and/or information.
- Responding to occasions of disasters or other emergencies to support businesses where they are affected within NSW.
- Referring start-ups and SMEs to relevant and appropriate additional services, to increase the value of support and to encourage continued skills development, strategic awareness and business planning.
- Promoting digital readiness and engagement in the digital economy to businesses, increase digital and online technology skill and knowledge, especially in regional areas with new or increased internet capabilities (ie. through satellite broadband or rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN))
Eligible services include:
- Mobile, face-to-face business advice with an accredited business advisor
- Workshops and seminars
- Business advisory bus
- Local business events
- Business resources and fact sheet
Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
Service and Subsidy
New South Wales
General - Non-Industry Specific
Infrastructure / Equipment
Innovation and R&D
Start-up / Establishment
Wholesale and Retail Trade
Department of Industry
Department of Industry
02 8222 4805
Small Business Grants
How grants work
Information Technology Grants