Western Australia Budget 2016-17
News ID: 17554
Western Australia's Budget 2016-17 was handed down on 12 May 2016 by Treasurer Mike Nahan. Please find a quick summary of grants below:
• $16 million over four years to establish a Western Australian Regional Film Fund, with the objective to deliver a coordinated regional screen industry strategy to attract high quality Australian and international productions to film in regional Western Australia.
• A further $9 million over three years to 2019-20 for the Community Sporting and Recreation Facilities Fund, to provide financial assistance to community groups and local government authorities to develop basic infrastructure for sport and recreation.
• Funding totalling $30.5 million has been provided to all Regional Development Commissions from 2016-17 to 2018-19 through the Royalties for Regions – Regional Grant Scheme to improve economic and community infrastructure and services in regional Western Australia by helping attract investment and increasing job opportunities in the regions.
• Regional Development Commissions have been provided funding totalling $12.5 million from 2016-17 to 2018-19 through the Royalties for Regions – Community Chest Grant Scheme to provide one-off grants of up to $50,000 to support small, local, demand-driven community projects.
• An additional $30 million will be spent over 2017-18 to 2019-20 to continue the Exploration Incentive Scheme.
• The Regional Events Program will continue to bring exciting activities to regional Western Australia, with $30 million allocated across the forward estimates period.
The Government's budget report can be found here.