Small Business Grant (Employment Incentive)
This program is designed to encourage the nearly 650,000 small businesses in New South Wales that do not pay payroll tax to hire new employees and expand their business.
Grant amount of $2,000 is available for full time employees (FTE). In the case of part time or casual employees, the grant amount will be pro-rated based on FTE hours of employment. The grant is a one off payment per new position and is paid when a claim is made on the 12 month anniversary of when the position was created.
As announced in the 2015-16 NSW Budget, the government has committed a total funding pool of $27 million over three years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 ($9 million per year) for this program.
Who Can Apply
Eligible applicants include businesses that must:
- Have an active ABN.
- Not have a payroll tax liability, during the 12 month employment period of a new person as at 30 June of the financial year.
Eligible applicants can apply through Small Business Grant (Employment Incentive) online application.
Eligible employments include those that meet the following conditions:
- A person is employed in a position that is a new job.
- The employment commences on or after 1 July 2015 and before 1 July 2019.
- The employment is maintained for a period of 12 months.
- The number of full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, prior to creating a new position must increase and be maintained over a 12 month period.
- The services of the employee are performed wholly or mainly in NSW.
Please refer to website for list of ineligible employments.
|Web Overview||July 2016||Download
|Fact Sheet||July 2016||Download
|Use these documents as a guide only - always get the latest direct from the Administrator
17 June 2015
This program is open on an ongoing basis.
|Total Funding Pool
General - Non-Industry Specific
Training / Employment
Department of Finance and Services (DFS)
Office of State Revenue