Most manufacturers are too busy running their business to search through the maze of grant websites. Given that manufacturing supports jobs, there is significant assistance for the growth of Australian businesses both locally and overseas.
Grant funding for manufacturers can vary in size from $20,000 up to $2,000,000 or higher, but most grants awarded are worth about $200,000. Support for activities can vary, and may include:
- Equipment upgrade
- Technology adoption and uptake
- Skill training and apprenticeships
- Process efficiencies and lean manufacturing
- Supply chain efficiencies
- Collaboration with researchers and universities
Funds are also available to help enterprise connect with researchers and to professional services at subsidised rates.